Monday, December 14, 2009

Illustration: Final Porfolio

The things I chose for my final Illustration portfolio are:
1) Fruit Airbrushes- First time using airbrush, besides the exercises. I think both of these pieces turned out realistically, especially for the first time.
2) Guoache Illustration- First time using guoache, tricky to work with, which is why I only used it in one other assignment.
3) Overheard Conversation- photoshop project. People had trouble knowing what the story was befor marker comps and such, but it is for sure clear now.
4) Cheesy Airbrush- Another airbrush, trickier with so many blocks of color to keep from running into the other area, but turned out good.
5) World Record Poster- Used watercolor into InDesign. I like the concept I came up with sheep jumping through scissors, despite some people thinking their cutting the sheep, I think it's obvious what's going on, especially with the text.
6) Missouri Postcard- Depicts in the sense of storytelling from a grandparent in a rocking chair, watercolor, easier working on smaller area.
7) Sound Illustration- crickets, the end result was much better moving the cricket
8) Book Cover- I am happy with how this turned out. I felt I was taking a step out there by doing a face, being able to not make it look flat but 3D.
I feel I improved through out the course. I have discovered more so that I like using watercolor; however, I was hating it in the beginning of the semester, but working with it more helped. It's funny I liked guoache in the beginning and hated watercolor, but this idea changed quickly after the guoache montage. Airbrush is alright as well, it's an interesting media to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment