Friday, November 13, 2009

VisComII: Packaging Project

Concept: At first I was going to go with something along the lines of a Sundrop, citrus soda, but I've come up with Lola's Lemondade-variety pack. Lola is my nickname. I'm going to have different flavors of lemonade; regular, strawberry, raspberry. Right now I want to have the images of the bottles on the outside of the box and on the main side of the box I'll have an open cut so you can see the bottles that line up with the images.

Rev 1.
To the left is the front view of the box. The gray rectangle is a cut out of where you'll be able to view the bottles themselves. Right now the images of the bottles is [obviously] a stock photo, but I plan on using images of my actual bottles. Then you'll be able to see part of the labels on the bottle for the front view of the box; back, I want to have the back image of the bottles and there will be no cut out.

To the right are the labels I have made thus far. There is no color behind the fruit because I only had enough time to edit all the fruit and text fairly quick. I'm thinking making the green from the box would look best and still look as if they go together. Overall time for this rev was about 2 hours.

Rev 2.
Not much changed. I wasn't sure what more to change on my case, besides adding things on the sides and one thing on front. As for the labels, I added the green color from the box for the label color and fixed the COB's on the fruits. This rev took about an hour to an hour and a half. Up to about 5+ hours total this far. I plan on changing a lot for the next rev, then I will have very little to change before the final productions.
Rev 3.
A lot changed, font, sides of box, and labels. It's looking a lot better. Another 2 hours went into this rev.


Final.
My final art production for the Joe 6-pack. Everything turned out good, it holds the bottles, of course I'm going to be nervous that any glue won't hold the bottom and the bottles will fall through. But I can't recall any problems I had with printing and having 3 revs made a big difference for this project. Overall time spent on this project...probably close to 10 if not more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment