Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Marceline Pamphlet

The full-sized marker comp for the Marceline pamphlet, there is a bit cut-off, but all that is missing is the other half of the copyfitting on the panels. I had some difficulties with it. I will just call the one a "printing error" and the other was a folding problem, a matter of getting the spacing of the lines correct. I found out I do not like copyfitting at all, it takes a very long time, though I guess it is fairly accurate, I still don't like it. If I would have had more time I would have worked on the images a bit more, though you get the main idea of what they are of. Something I should have took notice of that the one side of the marker paper bled through, so I wish I would have doubled the paper up. I also didn't have an 8 1/2 x 14 sheet of marker paper, so I had to add about 2 inches onto my sheet. I still want to add more color somewhere but I felt by adding it to either my thumbnail or marker comp it would have been too much on them. Now that I go and take a look back at it, it's not as bad as it was before, maybe for the fact that I haven't looked at it in a few days. I can't wait for the final production of this piece, for 1) it will be a lot easier and 2) it'll be more fun to complete out on the computer.

We made thumbnails to start off on making a pamphlet for Marceline, MO. Above are 2 of the 5 thumbnails. I basically messed around with the layouts on each of the thumbnails, front and back, that I did. I will add more color and imagery to make the pamphlet more interesting and appealing. The final production of the pamphlet will be on a legal size sheet of paper, 8 1/2 x 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment