Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Final Portfolio- Design Process

I chose these as my best color thumbnails. I think these were the first colored thumbnails we got to do and I had the most time to be able to take my time at doing these. I liked the bugatti poster project, maybe since the main illustration was already previously done. Things to improve on for thumbnails is to take my time, I need to make time available to be able to make all my thumbnails look good. I think the main interference with the other thumbnails as well was that there was so much text to fit into such a small space that I was more worried about where to put all of it rather than what was really going on in the space. As for the thumbnails above, it was just a poster, the main thing I wanted you to see was the car and it special features, which is a lot easier opposing to trying to fit all the text.

I chose this for my marker comp. It's very simplistic, but I think it's one of my best. Though in final art production some things were changed around, mainly instead of one big column into 2 columns. I should have  copyfit on this, but at the time of making this we didn't know how to do it. I still think it turned out fine with writing out the text. Things to improve on this would be just marker comp the car in, not silhouette. But I think it's good this way as well, maybe even looks better with the silhouette, being that the car is mostly black. 

I chose this 2 page spread marker comp for traditional copyfitting. This was my best example of copyfitting, though in the end I had to boost down the original size font I had planned on here (12pt. to 10 pt.) because I enlarged the top centered image, overall it was still very accurate. I think I've gained a better knowledge on copyfitting, and I think if need to be done I would be able to do it again in future courses, I hope not, but like I said, if need be.



 I chose this spread for my use of typography and typesetting. It was done in InDesign, though the images scanned into Photoshop, then brought into InDesign. Being that we had to mock another 2 page spread, I felt that by trying to match as best as could with the typesettings. I think I succeeded at matching the spread to the original (you can see on the first post at the bottom of my blog). In particular matching the font size and typefaces chosen. I liked this project. It helped me look at a good layout, which I know I can always improve on. 
 
I am choosing this as my piece of creative concept and design. This was also done in InDesign, but the car was Illustrator, and brought into InDesign. I have moved the text into 2 columns from the original. I like things very simplistic and I think this piece shows that. Since it's a poster to sell the car, I wanted the car to be the attention grabber. I highlighted specific text which is high selling features for the car. In specific it made me think that men were the audience so what's highlighted in that perspective is what would also grab the guys attention as well. These definitive features, I feel, contribute to the creative concept, as well as design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment