Friday, October 30, 2009

VisComII: Society of Illustrators


First layout comp for the Society of Illustrators 53rd Annual Exhibition, took between 1 to 2 hours. The big illustration is the poster side and other is info side. It's only a comp so I only know mostly where which body of texts are going to be. And I know it needs lots of work.

For my second rev for Society of Illustrators, had more imagery, but still needs more work, I have already started working on it and forgot to put up what I had saved for this second rev. This second rev needs more attention on the inside and better front cover. Time took about another 1-2 hours.



The third rev. The poster obviously on the right and inside info on left. I still have to print it out; not sure how the green and black and white images on the top left panel will look, as well as the smell trail at the far right of the panels. These changes took about 2+ hours from the second rev, with a total for the whole project of about 5-6 hours.
Final production. I am happy with the turn out. The total time was probably around 7+hours for the entire project. The image on the poster side needed to be scanned better originally from the get go, and yes, the black speckles in the image are really part of it, I just went and looked at the original image in Communication Arts. I definately feel I am improving, give time to work on things and 3rd revs make a big difference to me. Those last few small details make a good difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment