Saturday, September 26, 2009

Illustration: Memory Portrait



First step, draw from memory a family member. This image was chosen to expand further to the next step.





Second step, 3 color studies. I think I like the image on the left best. It is more eye grabbing than the very right and the blue haired well its just too crazy and are complementary colors(it looks blue but it's really purple as you'll see in the final portrait.

Final step, I chose watercolor to work with, then used ink on top. We had to scan at 100% 8X10, print, then mount with 1" border. I am happy with how it turned out, the way I had started with this project before (coming up with memory comps) finally coming up with this final portrait. I didn't paint anything in the background, but I like how it turned out from scanning. It looks kind of like rays coming from her and it works because I have her singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment