Wednesday, September 9, 2009

VisComII: Native American Heritage


We presented our next redesigned flyer for Native American Heritage Month. I need to add the rest of the logos, downsize the reslife logo, and whatever other advice Rusty has. The next step is improving this layout as well as starting another flyer.



My next layout still lacked a concept, I haven't been able to come up with any good saying to go along with the teepee. Someone had suggested a diagonal layout/grid, which I think would help it out a lot, along with saying. Another improvement needs to be the text, add color and space to separate each of the events. So concept, layout, and separation.


The third layout before final production. Not sure on what much I should change, it does lean a little more to the left as I noticed when it was up on the wall. I'll have to look more at it after I've finally had a break from staring at it for so long. This layout didn't take as long, estimated time was about right, between 30 minutes to an hour.
This is my final production for my Native American Heritage Month poster. I moved the logo down, downsized the top headline a bit, took down the line weight for the line, and moved the main headline over slightly to balance the layout. Final production didn't take long at all, I knew what I wanted to change, and then printed.

2 comments:

  1. This is looking better structurally. I'm a bit concerned with the headline. What are you trying to say? It relates to the graphic use of the teepee, but I don't get the concept. I think the headline could be a boldface. Downsize the point size of the vertical rule by 2 to 4 points. It looks a bit thick. Drop the logo lower about a half an inch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the concept, it's meaning do you know your heritage? but in other terms the teepee, their background of 'home'.

    ReplyDelete